Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resource Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties relating to Human Resources. The Human Resource Assistant provides information and assistance to employees and the general public regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries from staff and the public
- Maintain calendar of activities, meetings, and various events
- Prepare orientation/new employee, exit interviews, interview/ screening and other related packages as directed.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence and packages.
- Announce job postings in the local/national newspapers, E-Mail, etc.
- Schedule and Contact candidates/interview committee for interviews
- Contact candidate references and accreditations
- Conduct and coordinate interviews when necessary
- Provide orientation packages including other pertinent information to successful candidates
- Type correspondence i.e. memos, offer letters, etc.
- Assist employees in completing forms including job applications, GWL forms, TD1 forms, etc.
- Ensure payroll documentation are received and sent to the Payroll Technician
- When necessary, perform payroll duties including but not limited to input/complete payroll, issue ROE, balancing payroll accounts, etc.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in research studies
- Assist with setting up training (CPR, etc.)
- Assist with Health & Safety meetings and other related duties geared toward Health & Safety
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma – Business Administration, Labour Relations or related field (required)
- Diploma – Human Resources Management
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration
- Diploma – Grade 12 or equivalent
Deadline: March 28, 2023 @ 4 p.m.
How to apply: Should you be interested in this position, please email, mail, or drop cover letter and resume to:
P.O. Box 10100 * Opaskwayak, Manitoba R0B 2J0
Phone: 204-627-7200 * Fax: 204-623-6830
We thank you for your interest in wanting to work for Paskwayak Business Development Corporation, however, only those individuals that are qualified will only be contacted for an interview.